The Chief Electoral Officer of Telangana needs to organize and oversee the electioneering process in the state of Telangana. The CEO Telangana works under the complete authority and control of the Electoral Commission of India. The task given to the Chief Electoral Officer is to oversee all the activities involved in the conduct of General and Bye – Elections.
During this process, the CEO needs to prepare and update Electoral Rolls, Issue photo Identity Card to Electors, organise polling stations, educate voters, implement the mode of conduct, the election laws and the instructions issued by the Election Commission of India from time to time.
How to Check Your Name In CEO Telangana Voter Lists Online
In other to check your name in CEO Telangana voter list online kindly follow the steps in this section.
- The first thing you need to visit the website of the CEO Telangana. When you get to the website, move your cursor to the top menu bar and click on the search tab.
- After clicking on it, you will see two options to choose from. The first option is assembly constituency while the second is council consistency. You need to to click on the constituency that applies to you. On clicking that, it will redirect you to another page.
- If you clicked on council constituency, it will redirect you to a page which requires that you should select your district, MLC constituency type, and input your house number and name. It also requires that you should select your sex.
- Otherwise, if you click on assembly constituency, it will redirect you to a page which requires that you should input your name, house number and photo identity card number. It also requires that you should select the district name, assembly constituency name and sex that apply to you.
In case you do not know your assembly constituency name, there is a link on this page that will show you your assembly constituency. It carries the instruction, “Click here to know your Assembly constituency name”. This link will direct you to a page which requires that you should select your district and input your colony name. After that, you will see your assembly constituency name.
In addition, you need to note that you are not required to enter initials and surname. For example, if your name is V. Gaj Agar, then enter any three letters of first name instead of entering V. Gaj Agar. Also, enter the first four letters of your house number to search all members of your house.
How to Check and Download Your Voter ID Status
To download the Voter ID card online you have to visit this website. But after getting to the website you have to first make sure that you have registered online. If you haven’t you can do so by moving to the top menu bar and clicking on the E-Registration tab. When you click on that tab, you will have to choose between two constituencies. You will have to choose either assembly or council constituency.
Follow these steps to register:
- Click on the Forum-6 (New enrolment tab)
- it will redirect you to a page, fill in all the required information in the page
- Submit after that
- After the registration, you will need to check CEO Telangana status in the link below.
If you have already registered, then you need to click on the “know your status” tab in any of the two constituencies that applies to you. After clicking on “know your status”, it will redirect you to another site. In this site, you will have to select your application ID, house number, form – 6, Form – 7, Form – 8 and Form – 8A. Then, you search for your voter ID status. Also, you can get your voter ID status by checking it in the list like we did in the section above.
Furthermore, to download your voter ID status with photo, type TS <space> VOTE <space> VOTER ID NO and send it to 51969. For example: TS VOTE ATE391402 or you can also send an SMS to 8790499899 by typing VOTE <space> VOTER ID NO. For example: VOTE ATE391402.
In conclusion, you should ensure that you have your Voter Identity Card and other details with you.
How to Download PDF Electoral rolls
If you want to download the PDF Electoral Rolls, follow the following steps:
- Visit the website of the CEO Telangana .
- When you get to the website, move your cursor to the top menu bar and click on the “PDF electoral Rolls tab”.
- After clicking on the tab, you will have three options from which you will have to choose one. The first option is assembly constituency, second is council constituency, while the third is local authorities. You need to to click on the one that applies to you.
Note that the council constituency is the teacher’s constituency, while the local constituency is that of the local authorities and the assembly constituency covers none of the above persons. On clicking on any of the three, it will redirect you to another page.
- If you click on the assembly constituency tab, it will redirect you to a page that requires you to select your district and assembly constituency name. After doing that you click on “Get Polling Stations” to download the PDF. If you are still in doubt about your assembly constituency name, go to How to check your name in CEO Telangana voter lists online section above.
- Else, if you click on the council constituency tab, it will redirect you to a page which also requires you to select your district and assembly constituency. After selecting the two, you should click on “Get Polling Stations” to download the PDF.
- Otherwise, you will click on the local authorities tab. After clicking this tab, it will redirect you to a page which only requires that you should select your district.
In addition, some of the things you are to note is that the electoral rolls are in PDF format, you need acrobat reader installed in your computer to view the PDF and you need to turn off Popup blocker. You can use any browser but Mozilla Firefox is preferable.