SSB Recruitment? Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) is the Armed Border Force. It is one of the central police forces of India. SSB comes under the Ministry of Home Affairs. It started as Special Service Board (SSB) in 1963. The creation of SSB began as a result of Sino-Indian war. The motive was to support the Indian agency called RAW. SSB provides training to the people in the border. The force began operation in North Assam and Bengal. It’s present in UP, Himachal, and Ladakh. It is also present in North-eastern states and Northern India. It was also expanded to areas near the Pakistan border.
The mission was help the people living in the border. The motive was to fight against the Chinese army. The force helped the people in the border resist the attack. It has grown to become a strong agency. SSB took part in the 1971 Pakistan war and the Kargil war. SSB’s involvement is crucial to the success. In 2013, the body celebrated its Golden Jubilee. The hiring of women officers began in 2014.
SSB Recruitment Various Positions
Like every other Federal law agency, SSB has a structure. The structure provides an overview of the levels. In general, they are the ‘Ranks’ of an agency. This is how the structure looks in the descending order.
SSB Gazetted officers Vacancy Updates
Gazetted officers have highest positions in an agency. They are public servants. But they form the highest positions of any agency. The Govt of India classifies them as Group A and Group B servants. They have the right to verify and sign documents. Here is the list of officers who fall into this level:
- Director General
- Special Director
- Additional Director General
- Inspector General
- Deputy Inspector General
- Second in command
- Deputy Commandant
- Assistant Commandant
SSB Non-Gazetted Officers (NGO)
Non-Gazetted Officers don’t have the right to sign documents. The Govt of India classifies them as Group B, Group C, and Group D. Here is the list of officers who fall into this level:
- Sub Inspector
- Assistant Sub Inspector
- Head Constable
SSB Executive Service Officers
Here is a list of officers:
- Area Organiser
- Joint Area Organiser
- Sub Area Organiser
- Circle Organiser
SSB Non-Gazetted Officers:
Here is a list of officers and their positions. They are in the area of Medical, Vet, Comm, and General:
- Field Officer
- Deputy Field Officer
- Assistant Field Officer
- Senior Field Assistant
- Field Assistant
Like any agency, the SSB has a criterion. The criterion is the first step in the filtration process. There are multiple citizens who apply for the SSB every year. However, the agency cannot call all for the exam. Hence, they have a set criterion. Those who satisfy the conditions are eligible for the exams. It is necessary to check the criterion before sending out the application. Here are the criteria:
- The person should be 18 to 23 years old. The cut-off date is August 1 every year.
- The person must have at least passed matric or class X.
- The men must be 170 cms in height. The women must be 157 cms in height. The weight must be relative to the height of the applicant.
- The chest measurement must be at least 80 cms. When expanded, they should at least be 5 cms more.
- The applicant must posses a 6/6 perfect vision or 6/9 vision without wearing glasses. They must not possess color blindness, knock knee, varicose vein, flat foot, or squint in the eyes. Candidates must be in good health. They should be free from any physical defect. This should not create problems with the performance of the duty.
- There are exceptions for SC/ST/OBC, Ex-servicemen. These are in line with the govt order.
Steps to apply for SSB Recruitment:
The SSB Recruitment process starts with the release of the ad. The day of the ad will be the starting day for application. The application will be open for 2 months. The ad will mention the last date to apply. The applicant must go through the criteria before sending out the application. Here is how you can apply for the SSB hiring:
- To apply, visit the official website of Sashastra Seema Bal, www.ssb.nic.in.
- Search for the ad on the homepage.
- You can visit ssbrectt.gov.in to apply.
- Read the instructions and ensure you satisfy all the conditions.
- Click on the application link.
- Fill the essentials in the application.
- Attach the scanned copies of your passport size photo and your sign.
- Recheck the details and save the application.
- On verifying, take a print-out of the application.
The application must reach by post. Send your application to the following address:
Assistant Director (Pers – V),
Sashastra Seema Bal,
East Block V, RK Puram,
New Delhi – 11006.
Important SSB Recruitment Links
|SSB Recruitment||Click Here|
|Download Call List for||Click Here|
|SSB Admit Card||Click Here|