Gokdom Scholarships 2019: In the Karnataka state, the Directorate of Minorities Students is known as GOKDOM. The state is including scholarship programs to promote minority people. It includes Sikhs, Muslims, Hindu, Buddha and so on. So, to improve the social status of a minority group, the scholarship is introduced.
GOKDOM Scholarship List
There are many scholarship schemes. Hence, one can check the list. These are mentioned below.
- Pre-Matric Scholarship
- Application Period begins from August to September.
- It includes tuition fee. Further, it has a maintenance allowance too. It also includes the admission fee.
- Post-Matric Scholarship
- The application starts from August to September.
- It consists of a tuition fee. Also includes maintenance allowance. Further, it will include an admission fee.
- Metric-Cum-Means Minorities
- Application starts in August. It will end in September.
- He/she will get INR 30,000.
- National Overseas Scholarships
- Application Period starts from May to July.
- He/she gets up to INR 20 lakh every year up to 2 years. It will cover the course fee. Further, it will include other expenses.
- MPhil and Ph.D. Scholarships
- Application Period begins from May to July.
- Candidate gets up to INR 20 lakh every year. INR 10,000 as the contingency grant per annum.
- SSLC & 2nd PUC students Karnataka
- Application Period starts from August to September
- Candidate gets INR 10,000 as the one-time incentive. It is for SSLC students only. However, for 2nd PUC students, it is INR 20,000.
Gokdom Scholarships Eligibility
Check the eligibility criteria. It is an important thing to know. So, every candidate must take a look at the same. Hence, it will help you in applying. It is as follows.
Candidate must be from the minority community. Hence, no other candidate can apply for this. It is an important thing.
Gokdom Pre-Matric Scholarships
Candidates must have passed class 10th. However, the minimum marks obtained in class 10 is 50%. Further, the family income is limit to RS 1 lakh. Moreover, a candidate must belong to Karnataka.
He/she must have in between class 11- Ph. D. Further, candidates must have obtained minimum 50% marks in previous exams. Moreover, a candidate’s family income is limit to INR 2 lakh. He/she must be from Karnataka.
National Overseas Scholarships
Here, the age limit is there. Thus, the maximum age is 38 years. Further, one must score a minimum of 60% marks. However, it is not applicable for all the courses. Hence, it is available for selective courses only.
MPhil and Ph.D. Scholarship
Here, the age limit is available too. It must be 35 years only. Further, family income limit is present. It is less than INR 6 lakh. Further, Government employee cannot apply. No Government employee can apply.