Vidyasiri Scholarship provides financial aid to students. The financial aid is offered to continue the studies. Only the students of Karnataka are eligible for this scholarship. So, only candidates of Karnataka state can apply for this. Hence, the SC, ST and OBC students from class 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th will get this one. Further, students pursuing UG courses can also apply for this scholarship. In addition, students of PG courses are also eligible to apply for this.
This scholarship helps the students in continuing their studies. This financial help will aid them in pursuing education. So, the main aim is to promote higher education among backward classes. Thus, the scholarship is for the meritorious students of OBC, SC and ST. So, it is an opportunity for the students who want to study but due to financial constraints cannot continue their studies.
Vidyasiri Scholarship helps the candidates in reaching to their dreams. The financial aid gives them financial support to pursue their dreams. So, this one is specifically for class 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th. Further, it is for UG and PG courses.
Vidyasiri Scholarship 2019
The Government of Karnataka started this scheme. It is offering monetary benefits. The monitory support is for the backward category only. Interested candidate can apply for this. Candidates who are not able to pursue education because of poverty can now pursue higher education. It is accessible to meritorious students.
One can submit the fresh application. Further, students can renew their existing one. A student can also check the status of the application.
Important Dates for Vidyasiri Scholarship
The Karnataka Vidayasiri Scholarship notification will tell the important dates. Generally, in the month of November, the application process starts. The notice has all the dates. In fact, the last date to apply for the scholarship also comes in the same month only.
Vidyasiri Scholarship Eligibility
To get the scholarship, one must fulfill the eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria of Vidyasiri Scholarship is very important. This will decide who are eligible to get the scholarship or not. Only those students will get the scholarship who will fulfill the eligibility criteria. These are as follows.
- The candidate must belong to OBC, SC and ST category,
- Income of the family must be within RS 2,00,000 per annum.
- The attendance of the student must be 75%.
- Candidate must pursue education from Karnataka only.
- All candidates must submit an online application.
- All the candidates must submit the required documents. They should get submit within 7days of submission of application form.
- To avail Direct Benefit Transfer, students must have Bank account linked with Aadhar.
A list of documents is required to complete the application process. So, without these documents, no application process will get complete. Hence, one need these documents. These documents will aid them in completing the application process. Thus, the applicants require the following documents.
- Caste Certificate
- Resident Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Bonafide certificate
- SSLC Certificate
- Income Certificate. Either Sub-tehsildar or tehsildar must issue the income certificate.
- Bank Pass book
Following students are not eligible for Vidyasiri scholarship.
- Parents income is more than 2 lakhs.
- Students pursuing online and part-time courses.
- Students who do not belong to Backward category.
- EBC students are in intermediate class.
- Students getting the stipend. The amount of stipend is more than the scholarship amount.
- Students studying the courses via open and distant mode.
How To Apply for Vidyasiri Scholarship
Interested candidates need to apply. They have to follow a specific pattern. So, it will help you in applying. Hence, follow the following steps.
- Firstly, visit the official website. The official website is karepass.cgg.gov.in. Only through the official website, one can apply. No other mode is applicable for applying.
- The student will reach the home page.
- On the home page, search for the apply online link. On finding the link, click on it. Select the option. One option is a fresh application. Another option is the Renewal application.
- Click on Fresh Application. The student will navigate to another page. On this page, the student will enter credential information. Submit the information. All fields must be completely filled. Authorities will not accept the incomplete application. So, one must take care of this thing. A student must fill the income-related information. He/she must also give caste related certificates.
- After that, submit the application form. Now, student will get the application number. Keep the application number with you only. Note it down properly.
Vidyasiri Scholarship Amount
The Karnataka Government provides RS 1500 to meritorious eligible candidates. After getting scholarship, the amount will get deposit directly in the bank account.
Vidyasiri Scholarship Status
One can also check the status of application. Therefore, they need to go online. On the home page, the option of status is present. So. click on it. Now, student will navigate to another page. On this page, enter the application number. Also enter the date of birth. Finally, status of application will appear on the screen.