Vidyasiri Scholarship is an initiative of the Government of Karnataka. It is a good opportunity for the backward class. Thus, it is providing financial support. Financial support is to pursue the studies. So, the students who cannot continue their studies because of financial problems can continue now. Hence, the backward class need not stop the studies due to financial constraints.
It is the financial aid to parents for the child education. Vidyasiri Education is the government based education scheme. Chief Minister Siddaramaiah launched this programme. In 2013, this scholarship came into existence. This one was to empower backward classes’ students. In addition, it is to empower minorities too. Hence, it is to give them the opportunity to pursue higher education.
Under this scholarship program, the government will pay RS 1500 as the stipend. The student will receive this amount for ten months. They will receive the stipend for 10 months only. But this amount is applicable to those who are living on their own. They do not opt for hostels. This one has covered studies from post matric till doctoral studies.
To avail the benefits of this scholarship, one need to go online. So, they will visit www.backwardclasses.kar.nic.in. Students will receive the stipend via Electronic Payment System of Scholarships (E-PASS). So, the stipend will transfer to the bank account of the beneficiary.
In the last four years, 3.65 lakh students get the benefits. Till date, RS 376 crores were spent. Now, new hostel facilities are created. This is to accommodate 93,482 post metric students that are from rural areas.
|Year||Number of Students||Amount Disbursed in Crores|
Vidyasiri Scholarship Important Dates
The dates will get available on the official website. So, the interested one needs to visit the official website regularly. Check the dates for fresh and renewal purpose. The website will have all the related details.
Students for fresh registration will get all the details online. Further, for renewal too, check the official website. Soon, dates will release for the upcoming scholarship.
The registration portal will open soon. Students must get ready to apply. Only eligible candidates will be considered for the scholarship programme. Other application will get rejected. So, check the eligibility first.
To avail the benefits of this scheme, a student must fulfill the eligibility criteria. Without fulfilling these, a student will fail to get the scholarship. So, it is important to fulfill each of these criteria.
- Income of the parents must not exceed RS 2 lakh per annum. It is applicable for reserved categories too. It includes SC and ST class. Income of the Backward class must be less than RS 1 lakh per annum. So, the income must not exceed RS 1 lakh per year.
- Students applying for this must have 75% attendance.
- Student must be the resident of the state of Karnataka only.
How To Apply For Vidyasiri Scholarship?
Students need to apply online to avail the scholarship. Hence, a student will visit online. Going online will let them fill an online application form.
- Interested student will go online. They will visit the official website.
- Student will reach to the home page. On the home page, the student will get the option of Apply Online. Click on this link.
- A page will open.
- Here, at this page, the student will fill some information.
- After filling the information, student will submit the application form.
- After that, he/she will receive the application number.
Only online mode is available to apply. There is no offline mode for the application. So, the applicants are not required to send hard copy of the application. The link for application will become active on the release of notification. So, untill then, students must wait.
Required Documents Vidyasiri Scholarship
The application for Vidyasiri scholarship require some essential documents. These documents are important to attach the application. So, one does not forget these documents. Hence, we present the list of documents.
- Aadhar Card
- SSLC hall ticket number/roll number
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Scanned image of the first page of the bank passbook
- Transfer certificate
How To Check Vidyasiri Application Status?
Students will go online to see their status. Everyone is eager to know their status. Hence, they need to follow some steps. These steps will help in getting application status. So, these steps will assist students in getting status.
- Visit the official website. Click on https://karepass.cgg.gov.in/applicationStatus.do.
- A page will open.
- Now, enter some credential information. It is as follows.
- Application NUmber
- Academic year
- SSLC Pass Type
- Year of pass
- SSLC register number
- Date of birth
- Lastly, click on Get Status.
- Finally, the status will appear on the computer screen.
These steps will acknowledge the candidate with status. So, follow these simple steps. These steps are simple. It is essential to know their status. Hence, all applicants will check the status. This status will let them know about their chances of getting scholarship.